Wednesday

Metropolitan Montessori School

This week I was able to work a catering job for the Metropolitan Montessori School. It was their end of the school year reception with a tex-mex menu. The job was three days long, and it originally belonged to a chef friend of mine, but due to an injury, she stepped out of the last day and I was her fill in. 
The majority of my prep work responsibilities consisted of glazing and decorating the Mexican chocolate cake; made with cocoa, cinnamon and cayenne pepper. It was also completely vegan. There were seven of them, all different sizes, but all lovely and delicious. 
I spent the rest of the evening setting up, working, and breaking down the event. It was a lovely group of people to work with and for and I actually enjoyed myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment