Sunday

Hot Pot culinary Events; Asian Dumplings 3/28/11

My first event was for a company that I'm interning with called Hot Pot Culinary Events. They organize social, interactive cooking classes for all occasions. 

The name Hot Pot refers to the Asian cooking vessel. It's a large metal pot that's filled with stock and kept simmering over the fire. Ingredients like thinly sliced meats and veggies are dropped in, cooked, and eaten from communally, as a family or neighborhood. 

The event went smoothly, everyone was able to design their own flavor combinations of Asian dumplings. 

Somehow, I became in charge of steaming all of these little dumplings and keeping all the batches straight; a task I know do on the regular and refer to lovingly as 'steam jockey'. 



I'm aaaaaall the way at the end of the bar in my chef's coat, looking super tiny. 


It was right about the time this picture was taken that I decided I could get used to this.


No comments:

Post a Comment