Sunday

sweet gig

I got to work the Lucky Rice festival this year!
The Night Market and the Talk and Taste events.

The Night Market, held under the Dumbo Arch in Brooklyn, has been getting bad press, which i dislike 'cause I had a wonderful time. Although that could have had something to do with my positioning. I was working as hostess for the Taste of Korea NYC truck which was prepared to give away 2,000 spicy Korean pork belly sliders from Danji restaurant on 52nd street.

Word around the arch was, our truck was the place to be.


The Night Market is meant to mimic the night markets of Thailand. 

That's me, in the hat! Am i taller then you expected?

Okay no seriously, I'm the twelve year old in the chef coat. 


Plus the rain cleared out just in time for the festival to start, and the cold was barely noticeable with a few heating pads strapped to my body, so like I was saying, perfect weather for a festival.

The Talk and Taste on Sunday was a lot of fun too. We worked as sort of a prefix to the event, showcasing Jennifer Maeng's bibimbop... bibimbop... *whispers*... bibimbop.

Any who, later, inside the event, she gave a wonderful demo of the recipe.


The Korean Food Festival will be carrying on without Lucky Rice and with me (happy) for another two weeks. Driving around the city and giving away free Korean Lunch at a different spot every weekday. We give away between 350 and 500 free samples from a different restaurant every day. So come find us, and get some... bibimbop.

http://www.facebook.com/TasteofKoreaNYC

No comments:

Post a Comment